Sunday, September 29, 2013

Happy Birthday Trevin!

My Labor Day boy has turned 4!  His birthday didn't fall on Labor Day this year, but Labor Day fell on his real birth day when I "labored" 2 hours for him!  I remember watching the nurses move very, very quickly when they figured out that I wasn't joking...about being in labor. 
 
I don't know his stats yet (We see the dr this Wednesday), but he seems pretty big for a 4 year old.  Partly because he tries to do everything Benjamin does & partly because he is nearly out of 4t clothes.  For nearly 6 months now he has been requesting a penguin cake & sharing it with Nanny, Papa & Grandma Burnette.  So, his wish was granted.  I'm not sure why I decided his cake had to be an ice cream/frozen cake, but this certainly doesn't work well in early September in Texas...it is just too hot.  So, we had a rapidly melting, dripping, messy cake on our hands.  Especially since we took it up to Grandma's house (45 minutes in a cooler didn't keep it quite frozen).  All in all it was a happy celebration.  Good memories, cute penguins, & silly grins.




No comments: